0

I think (11/1/2011, 12.47PM)

Good books. Good music. Color pencils. Paint and paint brushes. Sketchbooks. Friendly dogs. The smell of wet grass. I like my semester break.

I could stay still. And very still. And just read and read and read. Or just paint and paint and paint. Sometimes I turn the music on. Sometimes I turn it off. Sometimes I write letters. Sometimes I play the piano. Sometimes I run around doing errands for my parents. Sometimes I help out in church. Sometimes I argue with my sister. Sometimes I debate with my parents. Sometimes we sit together and talk about anything and everything.

Come to think of it, I like living life this way. Laid back, super laid back. God first, church first. Why worry? God is in control. Let's go somewhere rural. Buy a plot of land, and do farming. We can plant our own vegetables, keep a dog, and rear chickens for eggs. I don't like the city. I don't like air-conditioned rooms. That's why I like the place I'm living in right now. Right next to the forest reserve. When it rains, the whole place fogs up. The air is cool, fresh and clean. A car drove past, exhaust smoke fills the air, I cursed under my breath.

Just as when I was young I could sit in the library all day reading story books. Now I could stay in my room all day (with the windows open), and read and paint. Until my mom calls me down. Until the church needs help. Then I'll join the fellowship of others. Solitary is good. It makes me think. Nature is a glimpse of how heaven is like. Simplicity gives access to it. If everyone realises how wonderful God is, isn't that great? Questioning is so tiring, don't we all realise?

Non believers question the existence of God. Some Christians are just mere converts. Devoted Christians get burnt out. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. That is the plain truth.

These are just my preferences. Wherever God leads, let me submit to His perfect will. For I know no matter how far my path deviates from my preferences, He has far better things in store for me. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. I'd rather my treasures are in heaven.

0 comments:

Back to Top