0

Catch me flying thoughts

I woke up one day the weather was great. 7.08AM. Ahh the blankets, wrapped like sushi. The fan was turned off. The windows were opened. My good friend was up, drawing on her sketchbook.

Lets go out and walk. I told her.

Okay. *pause* You've not been drawing lately.

Oh yes. I am. Been sketching in my head. Been painting too.

What is it that you're painting?

A cat. A friendly cat. I imagined it to be ginger, with brown stripes. Or white. With patches of black or brown. No. Not grey cats. I've not seen a friendly grey cat.

Me neither.

I've been thinking of a face. Both familiar and unfamiliar. I'm afraid I might forget how he looked like.

Are you going to draw?

My slippers are wearing out. My jeans are so comfy.

What about painting?

I don't dye my hair because it's not how I am meant to be.

You're talking about a Creator?

Yes. Do you realise how people are so dissatisfied with who they are and just who they are?

I suppose I'm happy being just me. I don't wear braces. *smiles widely to show teeth*

I'm just too perfect to go plastic.

You should wax your arms and legs.

Can't you see how the weather changed? I'm preparing for winter.

Ha. Ha. Ha. You're so lame. Please don't tell anyone you know me.

Seriously. Take this quote. "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'"

*bursts out laughing* So you're saying you're hairy for a purpose.

Exactly-des. I'm preparing for winter.

Is it important to appeal on the outside?

Yes I suppose. But in the long term it's more of the inside. *points at left side of the chest*

So cliche. Give me a cooler answer.

Rejoice always. Pray unceasingly. Give thanks in all circumstances. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

How does that relate?

I don't know. If it's a command by the Creator, it must make the creation something. Remember that.

There's something on your mind.

Yes there is. I'm troubled.

Why so downcast O my soul?

Hagin. I want to be Spirit filled. I don't know if I'm so.

And it took you so long to open up.

No one knows me better.

What are your findings?

I opened 1 Corinthians to read Chapter 14, but ended up reading Chapters 12 to 14 instead.

Did you find any answers?

Some. Not all.

You're still troubled.

Yes I am.

Are you going to leave this hanging?

No. I know exactly what I want. I will pray for the Creator to do what's best with me.

You're one closed up cocoon.

The right time comes and I will emerge as a beautiful butterfly.

Will you turn out to be a moth instead?

No. From the very beginning I know I will be a butterfly. You know where my heart is.

*nods* Indeed I do. Do you think it's time yet?

Not so. But soon.

0 comments:

Back to Top