0

Pray and Wait

God says, "Szehui, look how much I have in store for you when you obediently wait on me."

Waiting is not exactly the most pleasant experience. Waiting in a traffic jam. Waiting for the shuttle. Waiting in a queue. Waiting for a reply. Waiting for a call. Waiting for finals. Waiting for results. We get impatient. We complain. Or we space out.

When I was young I spent time waiting to grow up. In the meantime fell and bruise a knee, hence spend time waiting for wounds to heal. Waiting for people to come. Waiting for people to leave.

I get impatient. I get annoyed. But bear in mind WWJD. After many semesters of being spoon-fed, and finally ended up with marks that made me realise I lacked the skills to critical think. WWJD is critical thinking. Japheth told me on Monday, "We spent so much of our time waiting, but we hardly wait on God. And this waiting calls to think of things that are true, noble and right." What would Jesus do? And why?

Spacing out is not exactly spacing out, for me. There's too much going on in the head that when I'm asked what am I thinking about, I couldn't give an exact answer. Animals dream to practice survival. I suppose I could space out to think of hypothetical issues that I might face in life, and when I have sufficient time, to think of an all round solution if I can come up with one. So much so that I can reduce the possibility of being caught off-guard when the surprise sets in.

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love." (1 Corinthians 16:13-14)

Pray and wait. Wait and pray.

We are not perfect. We never were. So it's alright if we fall and bruise ourselves every once in a while.

But pick yourself up. Pray and wait. Wait and pray.

0 comments:

Back to Top