0

I think (24/2/2011), 9.52PM

One deep and serious groan is more acceptable to God than the creation of a world.
Thomas Traherne

Philip Yancey says:

Early in my marriage I would haltingly reveal secrets about myself to my wife, secrets I have never told anyone. "Do you still love me?" I would ask. Yes, she would assure me, even when the secrets may have caused her pain. I learned from her a truth I would I would later understand about God: only if you are fully known can you be fully loved.

My spiritual growth has meant bringing a succession of secrets, in fear and trembling, only to find that God of course knew the secret all along, and loved me anyhow. I have learned that God is hardly surprised by my failure. Knowing me better than I know myself, God expects failure from me. I am more sinful than I ever imagined - and also more loved by God.

"You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." (Psalm 51: 16-17)

========================================

ps: I wonder when will I be able to achieve that level of maturity and write like how Yancey does.

0 comments:

Back to Top